Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Monica Michael and Max Stone leave X Factor

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Monica Michael and Max Stone leave X Factor

Monica Michael and Max Stone have been booted off the 'X Factor'.

The 26-year-old songstress - who was brought back as a wildcard earlier in the series - impressed the judges when she performed against Anton Stephans in the sing-off but with two of the judges opting for each act, the vote was sent to deadlock and the 45-year-old singer triumphed.

After the result was announced, she said: "I've loved it. I've had such an amazing journey. Thank you for bringing me back. Rita [Ora]'s been amazing."

Whilst Rita shared: "I just want people to know, whatever happened tonight - Monica is an amazing songwriter and an incredible, incredible person. Thank you for letting me work with you."

The two contestants were kept in suspense when host Olly Murs accidentally told Monica she was going home even though the judges' votes meant it would go to deadlock although it was quickly rectified.

Also leaving tonight (15.11.15) in the double elimination with the least public votes was Max Stone.

Speaking after his exit, he said: "I feel really lucky to have come this far. I think it might have been the song, I might have needed one that showed my voice more. I'm not sure; but it's been fun. It's been a fun journey."

Whilst his mentor Simon Cowell added: "Max has been a gentleman, he's been very cool. We had a funny relationship to begin with but I've really got to like him and he's got a great voice and a great talent. If you leave at this stage of the competition, it's all about determination. Believe in yourself because you've got hell of a voice. You're gonna do great, I promise."