Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Mislabelled pills found at Prince's home

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Mislabelled pills found at Prince's home

Mislabelled pills have been found at Prince's home.

The 'Purple Rain' hitmaker tragically passed away at the age of 57 from a self-administered fentanyl overdose and now investigators have reportedly found counterfeit drugs, which contain fentanyl, at his Paisley Park estate.

The pills were located in bottles of vitamins and aspirin in his dressing room, the Minneapolis Star Tribune newspaper reports.

A spokesperson for the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) also told the newspaper that they "haven't assigned a time limit" to the investigation and insist it will be "ongoing and thorough".

Meanwhile, Prince's friend and collaborator Judith Hill previously revealed the singer "fought for his life" after he took an overdose of Percocet on a flight only days before he passed away.

She recalled: "We knew it was only a matter of time; we had to get down. We didn't have anything on the plane to help him. [When we arrived at the hospital], he was awake, which was such a relief to me, because I thought he was gone ... He wasn't dreary or drowsy, or anything. He wanted to watch 'Zootopia'. He loved those films. I was going to pull it up on my phone. He said, 'No, no, no, not here. We're going to pick a special time and place to watch that.' He was very cooperative that whole night, serious about getting help.

"He did it because he was concerned, and he wanted to do the right thing for his own body. And that's the part that breaks my heart, because he was trying. He was trying ... He told me, 'I had to fight for my life. I remember hearing your voices from afar and saying to myself, 'Follow the voices, follow the voices, get back in your body, you gotta to do this.' And he said it was the hardest thing he'd ever done, to get back into his body like that."