Mel Gibson won't be charged over pap claims
Mel Gibson won’t be charged over claims he pushed and verbally abused a female photographer.
The Mad Max actor was accused of shoving and shouting at News Corp Australia's Kristi Miller in Sydney last month. The 59-year-old always strenuously denied the claims and police have now found there is no evidence to charge the star.
“Police have completed a thorough investigation of allegations made by a Sydney photographer and have concluded there is no evidence to substantiate any charge against my client Mel Gibson,” his representative Christopher Murphy of Murphy’s Lawyers Inc said in a statement. "Mel Gibson has totally denied from the onset that these disgraceful allegations were true. He is now satisfied that the police, after speaking to witnesses and reviewing CCTV footage and other evidence, have found there is no substance to the claim. The story is a complete fabrication of the truth as stated previously."
The accusations came after Kristi took pictures of the actor and his 24-year-old girlfriend Rosalind Ross leaving the Palace Verona cinema in Paddington on August 23. The pap claims that once she had captured the shot and turned away, Mel shoved her hard in the back.
“It shocked me because I wasn’t expecting it. I don’t know if it was his hands or elbow,” she had told the Daily Telegraph. “He was spitting in my face as he was yelling at me, calling me a dog."
However Mel was quick to defend himself to the media via his publicist Alan Nierob.
“Basically Mr Gibson and his friend were being harassed by this photographer and he asked her repeatedly to stop, which she did not,” he told Guardian Australia. “There was never any physical contact whatsoever and the story being told by her is a complete fabrication of the truth."
- Cover Media