Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Mel B to make shock return to The X Factor

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Mel B to make shock return to The X Factor

Mel B is set to make a shock return to 'The X Factor'.

The former Spice Girls singer - who sat on the panel in 2013 - has been pulled in to temporarily cover for Nicole Scherzinger, who is tied up with other commitments, while the first stage of auditions get underway in the UK this week.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "Mel's coming in as a guest judge to cover Nicole because she isn't able to make the first day of filming. This is a diary clash that Nicole had booked in before she agreed to do 'The X Factor' and couldn't change.

"Mel has been working with Simon Cowell as a judge on 'America's Got Talent' so was available to cover. He also knows she'll come in and take no prisoners so is the perfect temporary replacement for the day."

Although she's only been employed on a guest-judge basis, the 41-year-old beauty is no doubt thrilled to be getting stuck in as she's made no secret of that fact she'd love to return to the singing programme on a full-time basis recently.

She said earlier this year: "I'd always love to be part of the X Factor it was a great show."

Mel also proved to be a huge hit with the viewers when she sat on the panel two years ago, but she unfortunately missed the second to last show after being rushed to hospital.

Meanwhile, Nicole's date clash doesn't look good seeing as she's only just been employed to return to the programme.

The Pussycat Dolls singer has joined the likes of Simon, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh on the panel for the next series.