Matt LeBlanc offered mega deal for Top Gear second series
Matt LeBlanc is reportedly being offered a mega money deal to host the second series of 'Top Gear'.
The former 'Friends' star was showered with compliments on Sunday night (29.05.16) when the first episode of the revamped motoring show hit screens, while his co-host Chris Evans was slapped with criticism, and now bosses are keen to pull out all the stops to get him on board the next installment in a bid to persuade viewers to tune in.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Matt came across really well, he can drive and certainly knows his motors. Matt is crucial to the success going forward."
And it's no wonder producers are keen to do all they can to spruce up the show as the first episode over the weekend opened with its lowest viewing figures in over a decade.
The show pulled in just 4.4. million viewers - 1.4 million less than the last series with ousted host Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May - but peaked to 4.7 million throughout the episode.
Chris, 50, previously said he would be "disappointed" if the opening show attracted under 5 million viewers.
He said: "If we had to guess about the number of viewers we are going to get on Sunday night, you have got to say you would be disappointed if it was under 5 million. Five million-plus would be great, after that it doesn't matter."
Meanwhile, although bosses are keen to sign Matt, 48, for the second series, it's thought his busy work schedule may throw their plan on its head as he's got a 13-episode run in the US comedy 'I'm Not Your Friend'.