Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Marvin Humes won't return to The Voice

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Marvin Humes won't return to The Voice

Marvin Humes has confirmed he won't return to 'The Voice'.

The former JLS singer has hosted the show alongside Emma Willis for the past three years but, although the brunette beauty has agreed to renew her contract as presenter of the show, he's admitted he's decided not to return to the programme when it shifts to ITV next year.

Speaking to the Digital Spy, he said: "I've loved every minute of working on 'The Voice' for the past three series and will miss working with Emma and the team. It's one of the best shows on TV and I'll definitely be tuning in to see the new series. I wish the new team the best of luck and look forward to working more with ITV in the near future."

The 31-year-old hunk's decision to turn his back on the programme will no doubt come as a shock to fans as his wife Rochelle Humes hinted last month that he was toying with the idea of reprising his hosting duties on the show.

Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz, she teased: "He hasn't left 'The Voice'... well... erm... no, I don't know."

However, Marvin's exit is just one in a long list of setbacks producers of the show, which has been poached from BBC by its rival ITV, have been forced to deal with as it's believed their search for four new mentors isn't going to plan.

will.i.am - who has been on the show since it started - has reportedly been asked to reprise his judging role, while the fate of Boy George and Paloma Faith, who joined the programme last year for one series, is not yet known.

Kaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson - who has featured on the panel for three years - announced he was quitting the show after the last series in order to focus on his music.

Meanwhile, Emma, 40 - who has just given birth to her third child - is the only confirmed star to return to the programme.

She said of her gig: "'The Voice UK' is very close to my heart and I'm absolutely delighted to be back on the show."