Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Mario Falcone suspended from The Only Way Is Essex

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Mario Falcone suspended from The Only Way Is Essex

Mario Falcone has been suspended from 'The Only Way Is Essex' for promoting diet pills on social media.

The 27-year-old hunk has been suspended from the ITVBe show for the second time in two years after he was caught breaking the broadcaster's rules by posing with G'Rilla Burn Bullets on both his Twitter and Instagram accounts.

A spokesperson for 'TOWIE' told The Sun newspaper: "Mario is suspended and will not be appearing in the Marbella episodes."

It is not the first time Mario - who was previously engaged to his former co-star Lucy Mecklenburgh - has been excluded from the Marbella special as last year he was temporarily suspended while bosses investigated claims he'd been caught taking drugs on camera.

The former lothario's job on the show was left hanging in the balance as the rest of the cast jetted off to Spain to start filming the new series without him.

However, after issuing an apology he was allowed to return later in the year.

He said at the time: "I would like to publicly apologise to my loyal family and friends, all of my co-stars on 'TOWIE', to ITV and most importantly to all of the fans.

"I have been seeking professional assistance and am now fit and well.

"I hope that the producers and ITV will see my genuine remorse and consider allowing me to return to the show."

Asked about the video in which he allegedly took cocaine, Mario added: "The industry we are in and the age I am, you do things that are out of character and very immature and that is part of growing up. I think it was just part of growing up.

"It wasn't a dark place or anything like I have been in the past, it was just stupidity. It is a lesson learned."