Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Maria Menounos didn't steal Giuliana Rancic's job

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Maria Menounos didn't steal Giuliana Rancic's job

Maria Menounos insists she didn't steal Giuliana Rancic's job.

The 37-year-old presenter, who recently replaced the long-time anchor of E! News, says she has a "pretty strict code" of ethics when it comes to work despite rumours Giuliana was pushed off the show.

She said: "When I was being sought after by E!, I made it very clear to them that I didn't want to be coming over to take somebody's job. And I was assured that wasn't the case.

"I remember years ago, I was asked to replace someone with a sick child. I was young and it would have been a huge job for me, but I told them I couldn't take it. I have a pretty strict code with these kinds of things. If a guy beats another guy out for job, it's like, 'Hey, congratulations'. With women, it's a different story."

Giuliana, 40, also previously denied she was removed from the helm of the entertainment show after 14 years last month and said: "It was 100 percent my decision to leave. This has been three years in the making."

But a source claimed she felt the appointment of her archrival was a "major slap in the face".

Despite being thrilled with her new role, former 'Extra' host Maria hasn't had the easiest time in recent years.

She told the October issue of Redbook magazine: "The last two years were very challenging for me, both professionally and personally. I just felt kind of lost and I didn't know how to handle it. I grew up always worried about what everyone was going to think of me. But the thing is, I'm not perfect -- no one is."