Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Louis Walsh knew Zayn Malik planned to quit

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Louis Walsh knew Zayn Malik planned to quit

Louis Walsh is not surprised Zayn Malik quit One Direction.

The 'X Factor' judge, who helped form the group on the reality TV show in 2010, claims he knew the 'Story of My Life' hitmakers were having "problems."

The 62-year-old star said: "I knew this was happening. I know everything! Every band has problems."

But Louis believes the British group will continue to be successful as a four-piece.

He told Ireland's Independent.ie: "The Spice Girls had it when Geri Halliwell left. Take Take had it when Robbie left. Westlife had it when Brian left. They all still continued.

"And One Direction will continue now that Zayn Malik has left One Direction. They will go on. The tour will go on."

Meanwhile, Gary Barlow sent his "best" to remaining members Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles and Liam Payne following the 22-year-old singer's shocking departure.

The Take That singer, whose group was rocked when Robbie Williams dramatically quit in 1995 and Jason Orange left last year, has no doubt that they will move on.

The 44-year-old singer wrote on Twitter: "Sending my best to all the 1D boys ! #thatters we've all been there haven't we ? !!!!! (sic)"

When a fan then suggested Take That are "proof the show still will go on," he replied: "Well said x"