Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Louis Walsh 'available' for X Factor return

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Louis Walsh 'available' for X Factor return

Louis Walsh has spoken to Simon Cowell about returning to 'The X Factor'.

The 63-year-old music manager and former judge on the show was axed earlier this year but has now confirmed he's spoken to show boss Simon about rejoining at some point in the current series.

He explained: "Simon said the door was open to me months ago. I talked to him last night. There is a possibility I might end up on the show, but I don't know for definite.

"I'd like to. I'm available."

Louis' comments come after it was reported he would be returning to the show as an impartial fifth judge when the live shows begin later this year.

Addressing the claims, Louis told ITV's 'Loose Women': "There is a possibility. It's up to Simon and I get on with him really well. I have worked with him for 12 years. We talk all the time. I think there is a chance.

"It's the best show in the world - it's the most talked bout TV show - there are three or four acts on the show this year that are incredible.

"I love doing 'X Factor', I love working with Simon. He is a loose cannon but he makes great TV. He is going to have the best TV show this year.

"But he has four judges - does he need five?"

Louis and fellow former judge Mel B were replaced by Rita Ora and BBC Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw, while Simon and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini returned to the panel.

He shared: "I have fun with him [Simon], I wind him up, he winds me up. We are a great double act ... I think Rita is amazing this year.

"They're all scared of him - I think he is scared of Cheryl."

Asked what he'll bring to the show if his return goes ahead, Louis added: "I'm going to bring Cheryl chocolates - lots of Cadbury's chocolates.

"I'd like to bring a bit of fun."