London X Factor auditions cancelled
More 'X Factor' auditions have been cancelled following the death of Simon Cowell's mother.
According to an email sent to ticket holders planning to attend the event on Tuesday July 14, the auditions will no longer go ahead due to "bereavement" after show boss Simon, 55, lost his mum, Julie, last week.
Company Applause Store, which offers free tickets to UK TV shows has messaged fans informing them of the cancellation but ensured them that other scheduled audition dates will still go ahead.
It read: "We are so sorry but it has just been confirmed to us that both recordings of The X Factor Auditions in London on TUESDAY 14th JULY have been cancelled due to a bereavement.
"The rest of the Auditions are still going ahead.
"Please make a request now for a different available date/time and get PRIORITY TICKETS!
"We really apologise for obvious inconvenience this must be causing you, but the situation is entirely out of our control. We thank you for your understanding."
The ITV series eventually kicked off with auditions in Manchester yesterday (08.07.15) after they were postponed on Monday (06.07.15).
A spokesperson previously said: "They were due to start tomorrow and carry on into Tuesday and Wednesday. Tomorrow's have been cancelled and we have not made any decisions beyond that."
Meanwhile, a show insider has revealed the news has upset everyone connected to the singing competition.
The source told The Sun newspaper: "Everyone at 'X Factor' is devastated for Simon and there was no suggestion that filming would go ahead."
Following Julie's death, the Cowell family issued a statement saying they were "heartbroken" by the news.
It reads: "Today our beloved mum Julie passed away. Anyone who had met her would know what a truly special and kind lady she was.
"We are heartbroken and will miss her terribly, but she is now at peace."