Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Kim and Kanye threaten ex bodyguard with 10m lawsuit

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Kim and Kanye threaten ex bodyguard with 10m lawsuit

Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West have threatened their former bodyguard with a $10 million lawsuit.

The couple are said to be furious with Steve Stanulis - who is believed to have signed a confidentiality agreement - for giving a number of interviews about them and have demanded an apology.

According to TMZ, the confidentiality agreement stated that he would owe $10 million if he spoke out about the pair but they will drop their legal action if he publicly apologises.

Kanye's representative told the New York Daily News: "The West Family will no longer tolerate the spreading and selling of fake stories in a desperate, transparent and shameless attempt for publicity at their expense.

"This sad, parasitic maniac has violated every basic human tenant of decency with his story of lies. As such, the Wests will explore all legal means at their disposal to silence this nonsense."

Mr Stanulis previously claimed he was fired for speaking to Kim and branded Kanye jealous and difficult.

He said: "It is his world and everyone just exists within it. I don't know how Kim stays married to him.

"I had to look after his toddler daughter once and it was so much easier than babysitting the father. He's ten times worse than what you see.

"You just never knew what would trigger a meltdown. I was amazed by the amount of bizarre behaviour I saw in just two weeks. Imagine what must go on over a year."

However, Kim, 35 and Kanye, 38, have denied they sacked Mr Stanulis and insisted that he was only hired on a temporary basis while they were in New York for the Met Gala.