Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Kesha's mother drops her claims against Dr. Luke

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Kesha's mother drops her claims against Dr. Luke

Kesha's mother has dropped her counterclaims against Dr. Luke.

Rosemary Patricia 'Pebe' Sebert has chosen to withdraw her claims of "intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress, misrepresentations and fraudulent inducement" against the producer, which she previously claimed arose as a direct result from the alleged sexual assault on her daughter, Entertainment Weekly reports.

Dr. Luke's attorney Christine Lepare said: "Pebe Sebert's voluntary withdrawal of all her claims against Dr. Luke is her acknowledgement that her claims are meritless. Dr. Luke's defamation and other claims continue against Pebe and Kesha Sebert."

Despite her withdrawal, Dr. Luke is still suing Pebe for defamation and tortious interference in Tennessee, United States, as he alleges she worked with her daughter to tarnish his name and reputation after they disagreed about a part of the contract.

It was previously revealed that the 29-year-old singer will have to testify under oath regarding the allegations of sexual assault she made against Dr. Luke. She has been issued a subpoena by the court to be questioned in an on-camera deposition in June in New York City.

Meanwhile, Kesha's appeal to be released from her record label was rejected by the court earlier this month.

A judge said of their decision: "Although [Luke's] alleged actions were directed to Kesha, who is female, [her claims] do no allege that [Luke] harbored animus toward women or was motivated by gender animus when he allegedly behaved violently toward Kesha ... Every rape is not a gender-motivated hate crime."

It follows a hearing back in February where New York Supreme Court Justice Shirley Kornreich initially denied Kesha a release from her Sony Music contract.

She said: "You're asking the court to decimate a contract that was heavily negotiated and typical for the industry."