Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Kesha's appeal rejected by court

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Kesha's appeal rejected by court

Kesha's appeal to be released from her record label has been rejected by the court.

The 'Tik Tok' hitmaker has been fighting to have her contract with Sony Music terminated after she alleged she was sexually abused by producer Dr. Luke.

Of their decision, a judge said: "Although [Luke's] alleged actions were directed to Kesha, who is female, [her claims] do no allege that [Luke] harbored animus toward women or was motivated by gender animus when he allegedly behaved violently toward Kesha ... Every rape is not a gender-motivated hate crime."

Meanwhile, the 29-year-old singer previously claimed she was offered her freedom if she retracted her allegations.

She shared: "so. I got offered my freedom IF i were to lie. I would have to APOLOGIZE publicly and say that I never got raped. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS behind closed doors.

"I will not take back the TRUTH. I would rather let the truth ruin my career than lie for a monster ever again. (sic)"

But Dr. Luke has hit back at the comments she made, insisting they were just a "publicity stunt".

A spokesperson said: "The Court repeatedly stated Kesha is already free to record without Dr. Luke, and that she had not presented any facts supporting her claims. That's because all the evidence - including Kesha's own videotaped sworn testimony - show her allegations are false.

"The only thing Kesha is not free to do is to continue to lie about Dr. Luke through publicity stunts and outrageous smears, ignoring the fact that by her own free will she went to work and entered into new contracts with Dr. Luke years after this 'incident' supposedly happened."