Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Kesha doing 'much better'

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Kesha doing 'much better'

Kesha has found it "healing" to go public with the alleged abuse she suffered.

The 'Tik Tok' hitmaker - who has previously sought treatment for an eating disorder - was forbidden last month from leaving her contract with producer Dr. Luke, despite claiming he sexually assaulted her, was initially uncomfortable with the issue being in the public eye but has taken strength from the way her story has helped others.

Her mother, Rosemary Patricia 'Pebe' Sebert, said: "Kesha is so much better now.

"She wasn't comfortable with having to do this, but I think she realised as this thing progressed that she can advocate for sexual abuse or other things. The fact that she is at peace with that has really been healing."

A host of stars have spoken up to support Kesha in her legal fight, with Taylor Swift even donating $250,000 to help her battle, but the 29-year-old star initially thought the 'Shake It Off' hitmaker's generous offer was a "scam" after receiving an email from her publicist.

Pebe told Billboard magazine: "It was really random. Kesha was like, 'Are you sure it's not some scammer?' And then she said, 'I would be honored if she wants to do that.' "

According to Pebe, Luke - whose real name is Lukasz Sebastian Gottwald - stepped up his "hateful" mental abuse of Kesha when her debut single 'Tik Tok' and album 'Animal' were huge successes on their release in 2010.

She said: "This is when Luke started getting really hateful.

"He saw her as a cash cow and started manipulating her all the time. She thought all her dreams were finally coming true, but this was just a f**ing trip to hell."

With Kesha's contract with Luke said to be "ironclad", Pebe feels the producer will own her daughter "until her death" because he has the power to prevent her making music for anyone else.

She said: "Dr. Luke basically owns Kesha until her death. He doesn't have to give her any money and is under no time constraints. She can't legally put any new music out, or he can and will sue her."

It has been reported that Sony Music is considering terminating its partnership with Dr. Luke due to the amount of public pressure mounting following her allegations against him.

The producer has repeatedly denied the claims.