Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Katie Price and Peter Andre settle privacy claim

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Katie Price and Peter Andre settle privacy claim

Katie Price has settled a breach of privacy case with ex-husband Peter Andre.

The 37-year-old former glamour model launched a case against the 'Mysterious Girl' and his manager Claire Powell, accusing them of launching a smear campaign against her in 2012, and just weeks before a 10-day trial was due to begin, the former couple have reached a settlement.

Her counsel Heather Rogers QC told the judge Mr. Justice Dingemans that the terms of the settlement remain confidential.

However, Katie has agreed to pay both Peter and Claire and her company Can Associates £75,000.

The mother-of-five - who has children Harvey, 13, with ex-partner Dwight Yorke, was ordered in April to pay £200,000 into court as security for costs of those she had made the claims against.

When approving the settlement, the judge said legal costs "might be considered disproportionate" and that it was "very unfortunate" it was not subjected to costs management from the start.

She launched an estimated £250,000 damages claim for misuse of private information in March 2012.

However, the defendants claimed the reality star has published so much information herself about her private life any right to privacy over what they revealed should be overridden, and that any damages she might win would be "minimal."

Claire - who previously also managed Katie - had claimed the action was without merit and.

Neither Katie, Claire or Peter were in court today (16.12.15).