Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Jess Glynne rules out Strictly

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Jess Glynne rules out Strictly

Jess Glynne has ruled herself out of taking part in 'Strictly Come Dancing'.

Although the singer - who is currently enjoying her fifth UK number one single with 'Don't Be So Hard On Yourself' - will perform on the opening episode of the new series of the dance show, she insists she isn't good enough to compete.

When asked if she had any aspirations to join the line-up of the BBC programme, she told the Daily Express: "I'm not the most amazing dancer so I might not do that. I love watching it."

Meanwhile, Jess underwent an operation on her vocal cords earlier this year after suffering issues with her voice and previously admitted she found the procedure "one of the most terrifying things" ever.

She said: "I have to be honest with you, it's probably one of the most terrifying things I've gone through. It's pretty traumatic knowing that your instrument that's your career isn't working and you've got to have an operation.

"In every operation there's a risk, and you don't know whether it's gonna ... you know, obviously there's that 95 per cent chance, whatever they say, they can never say 100 per cent you're gonna be better. But the concern and the worry is the worst thing."

The 25-year-old star revealed she took advice from fellow singing sensation Sam Smith prior to her surgery as he had undergone a similar operation.