Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Jeremy Clarkson settles case with producer he punched

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Jeremy Clarkson settles case with producer he punched

Jeremy Clarkson has apologised to the former 'Top Gear' producer he punched and has agreed to pay damages.

The 55-year-old presenter has been forced to folk out around £100,000 in order to settle a personal injury and racial discrimination claim after he left Oisin Tymon with a bloody lip and referred to him as a "lazy, Irish c***" last year.

In a statement released today (24.02.16), Jeremy said: "I would like to say sorry, once again, to Oisin Tymon for the incident and its regrettable aftermath. I want to reiterate that none of this was in any way his fault. I would also like to make it clear that the abuse he has suffered since the incident is unwarranted and I am sorry too that he has had to go through that. I am pleased that this matter is now resolved. Oisin was always a creatively exciting part of 'Top Gear' and I wish him every success with his future projects."

Oisin took legal action against Jeremy after the host smacked him in the face in March following a heated row over steak at a hotel in North Yorkshire following filming.

The producer was forced to take months off work in order to recuperate but is now back working at the BBC.

A spokesperson for the broadcaster said: "We are pleased that matters have now been resolved. Oisin has made an important contribution to the BBC in his 12 years with us, and we hope to see him continue to realise his potential in his role as a development executive."

Jeremy, on the other hand, was sacked following the scuffle and is now hosting a new car show for Amazon Prime, alongside his co-stars James May and Richard Hammond.

'Top Gear' has been given a revamp since the incident and will return to screens in May with a new presenting line-up including; Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc, Sabine Schmitz, Chris Harris, Eddie Jordan, Rory Reid and The Stig.