Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Jennifer Lopez's TV performance to be investigated

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Jennifer Lopez's TV performance to be investigated

Jennifer Lopez's performance on Moroccan TV is set to be investigated.

The country's Prime Minister Abdelilah Benkirane has ordered for the 'Booty' hitmaker's performance at Mawazine Festival, which was aired on the 2M network, to be looked at by the country's audiovisual committee.

He called the performance "serious delinquency", saying it contained "disgraceful scenes". He also labelled Jennifer's on-stage antics as "sexually suggestive", insisting the broadcast violated the audiovisual laws of the country, BBC News reports.

In a letter to the president of Morocco's High Authority of Audiovisual Communication, the Prime Minister said it was necessary to "take legal measures against those responsible" as the performance had "sexual overtones ... which were indecent and provocative to the religious and moral values of Moroccan society".

Meanwhile, the 45-year-old singer previously admitted she feels sexier now more than ever and had no trouble stripping off for an intimate scene in one of her recent movies.

She said: "I think I always felt sexy. More so now. I feel more like myself and I just know myself better.

"Everybody is always nervous when you have a scene like that, but it was just about finding the line. I have done versions of that [scene] over the years many times. You do 30-something movies, you have a lot of love scenes.

"It's our job to make everything look natural. Sex scenes are always uncomfortable. It's a very vulnerable position to be in, I don't think it's something you ever get used to as an actress. But I prefer romantic comedies. They're just fun. You're just seeing how silly you can make things. I'm a hopeless romantic as well."