Jennifer Ellison's throat closed up
Jennifer Ellison was rushed to hospital on Monday (13.02.17) after her throat closed up.
The 'Sugar Free Farm' star was forced to call an ambulance after she went into anaphylactic shock - a severe and potentially life-threatening reaction - after munching on peanuts.
Taking to her Facebook account, the blonde beauty uploaded a photograph of her arm strapped up to a drip and another shot of the horrific red rash over her legs.
She accompanied it with the caption: "'Had one of the scariest nights ever! Had an annaphallacttic reaction to peanuts! Been eating them for 33 years! Anyway ended up calling an ambulance as my throat closed over and I literally could nt breath! (sic)"
The 33-year-old actress was dished out two adrenaline shots when the ambulance arrived to reverse the effects of her allergy by reducing throat swelling, opening the airways, and maintaining heart function and blood pressure, and spent the night in the trauma department.
Jennifer has been told she now has to carry an Epipen - a medical device for injecting a measured dose of adrenaline - when she's out and about in public in case she accidentally comes into contact with nuts again and she suffers a similar anaphylactic shock.
She explained: "2 adrenaline shots later and a resus stay and it turns out I'm allergic to Nuts! Got to carry an epi pen everywhere with me! This is going to be fun! Thanks to all the amazing staff at Whiston hospital for being so fantastic and my mum for turning up so quickly and Rob Tickle for calming me down and staying with me x (sic)"