Janet Jackson will resume tour in 2017
Janet Jackson will return to her 'Unbreakable World Tour in 2017.
The 49-year-old singer announced in a video message to fans last week that she is postponing her live dates as she is "planning a family" with her husband Wissam Al Mana.
Now a spokesperson for her promoters Live Nation has revealed when Janet will resume her performances.
The statement said: "The Janet Jackson 'Unbreakable' tour in North America will be postponed until 2017. New dates will be announced at a later time, and tickets will be honoured for the rescheduled dates. Refunds are also available at the point of purchase."
In the two-minute video message she posted on social media, Janet announced she was postponing the tour because she and her Qatari billionaire husband Wissam Al Mana, 41, want to become parents and she has been ordered by doctors to rest.
She said: "Hey you guys, on August 31 I launched the 'Unbreakable World Tour'. First I want to thank all the fans for coming out and seeing the show, you guys made it so enjoyable each and every night.
"We are in the second leg of the tour and there's been a sudden change and I thought it was important you be the first to know.
"My husband and I are planning a family so I'm going to have to delay the tour.
"Please, if you can, try and understand it's important that I do this now, I have to rest up, doctors orders, but I have not forgotten about you, I will continue the tour as soon as I possibly can."