Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Jake Wood for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Jake Wood for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!

Jake Wood wants to appear on 'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!'

The 'EastEnders' actor is set to take a year-long break from the BBC One soap later this year and has now admitted he would be up for taking part in the ITV reality show, which sees a group of celebrities camp out in the Australian jungle and complete terrifying Bushtucker trials.

Asked if he'd ever appear on 'I'm A Celeb', Jake said: "Yeah, I do really like that show. And everyone I've spoken to who's done it has said they really enjoyed it. I'm not squeamish - so eating strange stuff wouldn't bother me."

The 43-year-old star - who came in fifth place on 'Strictly Come Dancing' last year - also joked he wouldn't mind the pay packet that comes with the show.

Quizzed on whether he likes reality TV because it gives him a chance to show people the real him, he told Radio Times magazine: "In some ways, yes. But it would be a good holiday for the family as well, wouldn't it? And the money would be nice. But I think the main appeal is that it's a different experience."

Jake also opened up about his decision to take a break from 'EastEnders' following a busy year for his character Max Branning, who is currently being accused of murdering his former lover Lucy Beale.

He added: "I'll have done 987 episodes by the time I go. Max has had a very hectic nine years. So I think both he and I need this break."