Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg sign up for fifth Indiana Jones movie

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg sign up for fifth Indiana Jones movie

Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg are teaming up for a fifth 'Indiana Jones' movie.

The pair - who have collaborated on all four previous films in the franchise - have both signed up for the as-yet-untitled flick, which will be released on July 19, 2019.

Alan Horn, Chairman of Walt Disney Studios said: "Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can't wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019. It's rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn't be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven."

Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce the movie.

Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981's 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', which was followed up with 1984's 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom', 1989's 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade', and 2008's critically derided 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'.

The last movie featured Shia LaBeouf as Indiana's son but it is not clear if he will reprise his role in the upcoming release.

The four films have brought in nearly $2 billion at the global box office.

Meanwhile, Steven previously admitted that Harrison is irreplaceable as Indiana Jones.

The legendary filmmaker insisted he couldn't imagine another actor playing the role of the fictional archaeologist, despite the likes of Chris Pratt having been linked to the coveted part.

He said: "I don't think anyone could replace Harrison as Indy, I don't think that's ever going to happen.

"It's certainly not my intention to ever have another actor step into his shoes in the way there have been many actors that have played Spider-Man or Batman.

"There is only going to be one actor playing Indiana Jones and that's Harrison Ford."