Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Dermot O'Leary to return to X Factor?

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Dermot O'Leary to return to X Factor?

Dermot O'Leary has reportedly been offered a sensational deal to return to his hosting gig on 'The X Factor' this year.

The 42-year-old presenter, who fronted the programme for eight years, was dropped from the show in 2014 but it seems bosses are now regretting their decision as they've reached out to him and begged him to make a return.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "There has been a quiet approach via his management company. He's got more offers than he has ever had in his career at the moment."

However, Dermot is currently tied up with his new BBC weekend motoring show 'Getaway Car' but is still reportedly toying with the idea of returning to the singing competition after his replacements Olly Murs and Caroline Flack failed to pull in viewers following their hosting stint last year.

The insider explained: "He isn't on an exclusive contract with the BBC and would definitely love to work with ITV.

"For him the decision will probably come down to balance. A show like 'The X Factor' is a massive commitment and he wants to be able to continue making documentaries about more serious subjects as well."

Meanwhile, Dermot recently said the popular programme, which has been on screen for 12 years, needs to take a 12-month hiatus, or risk losing viewers forever, because the new recent changes to the show have turned people away.