Dermot O'Leary's The Getaway Car is axed
Dermot O'Leary's motoring show has been axed.
The 43-year-old presenter's latest programme 'The Getaway Car', which he fronted with 'Top Gear's The Stig, has been given the chop by the BBC after it failed to pull in viewers.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "There were high hopes for 'The Getaway Car' but it just didn't get the ratings and is deemed not good enough for Saturday nights. There's a huge shake-up after the BBC lost 'The Voice' to ITV and bosses want new shows to compete with ITV."
'The Getaway Car', which pulled in just 2.4 million viewers, will return to screens this summer for one more series after the broadcaster shot scenes late last year but it's believed producers don't want to waste anymore money on it.
The insider said: "Although they will show another series from footage filmed last year, there are no plans to film new episodes."
Meanwhile, Dermot's TV flop won't come as too much of a surprise as his past shows 'The Marriage Ref', 'Dermot Meets' and 'Live From Space' were also all axed after just one series.
But, although he hasn't had much luck when it comes to presenting shows, Dermot has been asked to reprise his hosting duties on ITV's 'The X Factor' this year after he was dropped last year and replaced with presenting duo Caroline Flack and Olly Murs.
The hunk had fronted the singing show for eight years but was dramatically axed last year as part of a shake-up.
However big boss Simon Cowell later decided he'd made the wrong decision after ratings plunged lower than ever before.