Damon Albarn 'still angry at Adele album snub'
Damon Albarn is reportedly still upset after the material he wrote for Adele's latest album 25 was ditched by the singer.
The Blur frontman revealed last year (15) he was asked to work on the 28-year-old's record-breaking album, which was released last November.
British newspaper The Sun reports that Adele's manager Jonathan Dickins approached Damon at the Ivor Novello Awards on Thursday (19May16), but the indie rocker refused his attempts to reconcile with Adele.
"I got treated appallingly. You know, I know it, she knows it. I want her to call me, not you say it for her," Damon was allegedly overheard saying at the bash, where he was honoured with a Lifetime Achievement award.
Despite being crowned Songwriter of the Year, Adele missed the ceremony, held in London.
Damon told The Sun back in September (15) that he was sorely disappointed the material he had written for the singer hadn't been used, which caused a very public spat between the two.
"Adele asked me to work with her and I took the time out for her. And I’m not a producer... I don’t know what is happening really. Will she use any of the stuff? I don’t think so. Let’s wait and see," he explained.
"The thing is, she’s very insecure. And she doesn’t need to be, she’s still so young."
While on a promo tour for her new album in November, Adele hit back at Damon's claims, and revealed she regretted working with the award-winning musician.
"It ended up being one of those ‘don’t meet your idol’ moments," she said of working with him. "The saddest thing was that I was such a big Blur fan growing up. But it was sad, and I regret hanging out with him."
A representative for Damon and Adele have yet to comment on the report.
- Cover Media