Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Cliff Richard faces fresh sex abuse allegations

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Cliff Richard faces fresh sex abuse allegations

The decision not to prosecute Sir Cliff Richard over sex abuse claims has been challenged by a second alleged victim.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has announced that another man has asked for his case against the British singer to be re-examined, with the outcome likely to be announced before the end of September.

Last week, it was reported that a review had been requested by a man who has alleged Sir Cliff assaulted him during his childhood.

A CPS spokesman said: "A second request has been received."

In June, the CPS concluded there was insufficient evidence to prosecute Sir Cliff over the sex offence claims made by four men, who have alleged he assaulted them between 1958 and the early 1980s.

Meanwhile, the 75-year-old singer has reportedly been informed of the latest developments and has strongly denied the allegations made against him.

Sir Cliff has every confidence the "CPS will come to the right conclusion as soon as possible", according to a spokesperson.

Meanwhile, a friend of Sir Cliff's recently insisted the musician will "not be broken by this".

The insider said: "He won't let this break him. He's spoken of his innocence, he knows in his heart of hearts that he has been honest and told the truth. He waited two years and that did almost break him, but once the police said there was no case it was a complete relief and a release for him.

"It was total relief and he won't be broken by this.

"But it's absolutely ridiculous that he has to go through it. It's a waste of police time. It's the plight of fame, people can come up and say anything. It's awful that he even has to think about it."