Chyna may have overdosed
Chyna may have died from an accidental overdose.
The body of the WWE star-turned-porn star - whose real name was Joan Marie Laurer - was found in her apartment in Redondo Beach, California on Wednesday (20.04.16) but Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner officials believe the 45-year-old star may have been dead for days.
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter told People magazine: "Evidently either a friend or someone close to her hadn't talked to her since Sunday and they went over there and went in and found her deceased or unresponsive. "Paramedics were called and she was pronounced at the scene."
According to the coroner's office, prescription pills were found at the scene, though they were not out, and there were no illegal drugs present. There was also no evidence of suicide, including a note.
Chyna has previously spoken of her issues with depression and use of drugs and alcohol, but insisted she was never an addict.
However, Dr. Drew Pinsky, who worked with the late star on reality show 'Celebrity Rehab' in 2008, admitted he fears addiction may have killed her.
He said in a statement: "I am very sad for Joanie and her loved ones, but I am also terribly angry because I suspect addiction may have taken another life."