Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Chyna died of accidental prescription overdose

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Chyna died of accidental prescription overdose

Chyna died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

The professional wrestler - who passed away at the age of 46 at her apartment in Redondo Beach, California last week - took a deadly mix of Valium and Ambien, her manager Anthony Anzaldo believes.

He told the New York Daily News: "She was inappropriately taking her legally prescribed medication over the course of two to three weeks. On Sunday night, her body had enough.

"Her normal amount was one thing, but over the course of time she was increasing, and not properly."

Chyna - whose real name was Joan Marie Laurer - was found dead in her home on Wednesday (20.04.16) but Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner officials believe she had been dead for a few days.

Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said at the time: "Evidently either a friend or someone close to her hadn't talked to her since Sunday and they went over there and went in and found her deceased or unresponsive. Paramedics were called and she was pronounced dead at the scene."

And Anthony has revealed Chyna was feeling "a little emotionally strained" in the days leading up to her death.

He explained: "She had been a little emotionally strained. She was really confronting some demons and she may have been taking a little bit more than normal.

"Every couple of days she'd be a little bit off of her game, a little loopy, like maybe she had taken too much but she was still coherent. It looked like she died peacefully in her sleep, there were no illegal drugs, no alcohol, it wasn't like her home was a mess. At this time there's no thought of it being an intentional thing."

A toxicology report confirming the cause of death is likely to take months to come back.