Chris Rock releases first Oscars promo
Chris Rock thinks the Oscars will end with "a lot of drunk, disappointed people".
The 50-year-old comic is returning to host the prestigious ceremony next month and, in his first promotional trailer for next month's ceremony, he joked the evening will be similar to New Year's Eve.
Wearing a tuxedo, he quipped: "Much like New Year's Eve, it will be a night that ends with a lot of drunk, disappointed people swearing they'll do better next year."
Academy Awards producers David Hill and Reginald Hudlin previously said they think Chris will be a "phenomenal" host for the show, which takes place on February 28 at Los Angeles' Dolby Theatre.
They said: "Chris Rock is truly the MVP of the entertainment industry.
"Comedian, actor, writer, producer, director, documentarian -- he's done it all. He's going to be a phenomenal Oscar host!"
And the two producers also spoke of their desire to freshen up the annual event and make it more entertaining.
David said: "The challenge is to make it entertaining so it doesn't seem like a lesson, so the audience cares for people when they get onstage."
Since Chris first hosted the Oscars in 2005, a range of stars have taken the helm at the ceremony, including last year's presenter Neil Patrick Harris, talk show host Ellen DeGeneres - who anchored in both 2007 and 2014 - Hugh Jackman, Billy Crystal, Seth MacFalane and Jon Stewart.
Both 2010 and 2011 saw two stars taking on anchoring duties, with Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin the first pair and James Franco and Anne Hathaway succeeding them the following year.