Chris Evans won't face sex charges
Chris Evans will not be charged over an historical sexual assault claim.
The former 'Top Gear' presenter was interviewed under caution by officers in East London earlier on Thursday (27.07.16) but the Metropolitan police have now stated there was "insufficient evidence to proceed" with the case.
The spokesperson said: "An allegation of non-recent sexual assault was made to police on Monday, 23 May 16.
"The allegation was made by a woman against a man. It related to incidents in Tower Hamlets in the 1990s.
"The matter was investigated by officers from the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command.
"Today, Thursday 28 July 2016, a man in his 50s was interviewed under caution by police at an East London police building.
"The decision was made by the police that there was insufficient evidence to proceed."
The news will no doubt be a relief to the 50-year-old star, as he's had a testing few weeks after quitting 'Top Gear' after just one season and seeing his revamped 'TFI Friday' not recommissioned for another series.
A source previously said: "It's not great news for Chris after losing 'Top Gear', but there isn't the appetite to bring back 'TFI' again.
"Chris is seen as a nightmare to deal with and I don't think they want the hassle that comes with it."
It is believed Chris decided to turn his back on 'Top Gear' - for which he had signed a three-year deal with the BBC to host the revamped motoring show late last year - after he was heavily slated for his hosting skills every week.