Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Chris Brown to be refused entry into Australia?

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Chris Brown to be refused entry into Australia?

Chris Brown may be refused entry into Australia.

The troubled singer may be forced to axe his gigs Down Under in December after the Federal government said it was looking into his visa application following his conviction for assaulting his then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009.

Australia's Minister for Women, Senator Michaelia Cash, said during a conference on Thursday (24.09.15) the 'Loyal' hitmaker is "not of the character" they expect in Australia.

She added at the meeting in Melbourne: "People need to understand, if you are going to commit domestic violence and you want to travel around the world, there are going to be countries that say to you, 'You cannot come in.'"

The 26-year-old star, who has had a number of run-ins with the law over the years, was charged in May 2009 with felony assault and making criminal threats following an altercation with the Barbadian singer, 27. He pleaded guilty to the charge at the time and was freed from probation this year.

However, Australia isn't the only country to refuse Chris a visa as Britain, Canada and New Zealand also declined.

Meanwhile, Floyd Mayweather, 37 - who served two months in prison in 2012 after pleading guilty to assault on his ex-partner in front of their children - suffered a similar fate earlier this year when Australia refused him entry based on his criminal record.