Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Celine Dion to take a month off

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Celine Dion to take a month off

Celine Dion will be taking a month off to spend time with her children.

The 'My Heart Will Go On' hitmaker is reportedly set to take the whole of December off to be with her 15-year-old son René-Charles and six-year-old twins Eddy and Nelson for their first Christmas since Celine's husband and the father of her children René Angélil passed away in January 2016.

A source told People magazine: "She's taking all of December off to spend with the kids. She's still grieving, but she's doing everything she can to keep as happy and as healthy as possible. It's all about the kids."

Meanwhile, the 38-year-old singer previously revealed her children kiss a door handle every morning to wish their father a good day.

She said: "Sometimes we send up some balloons with messages for Papa and - this was Eddy's idea - every morning we kiss the door handle and say, 'Good day Papa.'

"By the bed there is a photo of their pap after his first cancer. It carries this inscription, 'Everything will be OK.' The twins kiss it. I finish by saying, 'Goodnight my love.' The little ones say together, 'Goodnight Papa, I love you my darling.'"

Despite their tragic loss, Celine recently admitted she feels at "peace" after her husband's passing.

She shared: "I really, really want to prove to my kids their mother is strong.

"René always insisted the show must go on. You know what, I'm 48 years old and I lost the love of my life. I miss him a lot from when he was great but not when he was suffering. I cannot be selfish. You have to let people go. I feel at peace.

"He left me with all of his strength. Every day we live with him, just not physically. I'm thankful that he does not suffer anymore."