Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Carol Vorderman approached for I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! every year

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Carol Vorderman approached for I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! every year

Carol Vorderman gets asked to do 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!' every year.

The former 'Countdown' mastermind is rumoured to be entering the Australian jungle when the creepy-crawly show returns for another series next month and, although she won't confirm the current speculation, she has admitted bosses reach out to her at the start of every installment.

She said: "I'm asked every year and I can neither confirm nor deny whether I'm going into the jungle. What I will say is that I like the show. I think it's the funniest thing on TV."

And the 55-year-old television presenter shouldn't have any problems when it comes to getting stuck in to the trials as eating animals' genitals is "right at the top" of her list.

She told OK! magazine with a laugh when asked if the challenges appeal to her: "Oh yes, eating all those disgusting things is right at the top of my list."

Bosses are reportedly keen to get Carol on board as they think she'll draw in male viewers with her "sex appeal".

As well as Carol, other names in the frame for this year's show include former footballer Robbie Savage, actress Helen Lederer and model Lisa Snowdon.

'Red Dwarf' actor Craig Charles is also rumoured to be returning to the programme.

He previously spent four days in the jungle two years ago but his stint was cut short after his brother Dean tragically died from a heart attack.

And the former 'Coronation Street' star may not be the only previous contestant to make a return to the outback as Spencer Matthews is also in the rumoured line up.

The 'Made in Chelsea' hunk joined the show last year but was forced to leave just a few days into his stint after producers found out he was taking steroids.