Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Caitlyn Jenner is expected to dodge vehicular manslaughter charges

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Caitlyn Jenner is expected to dodge vehicular manslaughter charges

Caitlyn Jenner is expected to escape vehicular manslaughter charges stemming from a fatal car cash in February.

The Los Angeles Sheriff's Department has reportedly clarified it is not recommending a criminal case be filed against the 65-year-old reality TV star, who was known as Bruce Jenner at the time of the accident, despite recent speculation investigators planned to press charges against the former Olympian.

A spokesperson told 'Access Hollywood Live' that the case will be presented to the District Attorney [DA], and the DA will decide whether to press charges or to investigate the case further.

Shiara Davila-Morales, the Chief of the Media Relations Division for the LA County District Attorney's Office, said: "A case has not yet been presented to us and until that happens we cannot make a comment."

Investigators recently determined Caitlyn "set off a chain of events" that resulted in the death of a female driver, Kim Howe, in the multi-car pile-up on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu earlier this year.

An official report on the incident concluded Caitlyn was driving too fast for road conditions, despite being under the speed limit, and she violated Penal Code section 192(c), which corresponds to misdemeanour vehicular manslaughter law.

If the DA still decides to file a vehicular manslaughter charge against the 'I Am Cait' star next week, she could face up to one year in jail.