Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Burt Reynolds book delayed?

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Burt Reynolds book delayed?

Burt Reynolds still hasn't finished writing his autobiography.

The 'Smokey and the Bandit' actor was asked to submit an edited manuscript of 'But Enough About Me' "eight to 12 months" before its planned publication date of November 17, and with the final draft not yet complete, publishers are said to be concerned the tome won't be released on time.

And sources at publishers G.P. Putnam's Sons admit they have other concerns, such as who will write the foreword for the book.

A source told the New York Daily News newspaper's [email protected] column:"At one point Jon Voight was going to write the foreword.

"But it's unclear if that actually is still happening."

An image of the book's cover has been released, showing the name of the actor's co-author, Jon Winokur, but not of the writer of the foreword.

As of yet, the publication date for the book has not yet changed and the publisher - an imprint of Penguin Random House - still have it slated as one of their "big fall celebrity non-fiction" titles.

The 79-year-old screen legend has famously struggled with painkiller abuse, serious injuries from movie stunts, financial battles and legal tangles related to his divorce from actress Loni Anderson and previously vowed his memoir would be "the most honest and unrestrained Hollywood autobiography of all time."