Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Bruce Forsyth won't appear on Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Bruce Forsyth won't appear on Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special

Sir Bruce Forsyth won't be appearing in the 'Strictly Come Dancing' Christmas special.

The 88-year-old showbiz legend - who stood down from the BBC One ballroom and latin show nearly three years ago due to his bad health - was expected to join co-hosts Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly through a recorded video message like he did last year, but it has been reported he is not up to the job.

A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Last year the Strictly message was recorded in December, there are no plans to do one this year.

"It doesn't seem right at this point. He needs a bit of peace and quiet to get on with getting better."

And the TV presenter won't return to work until he is 100 per cent well, after having life-threatening aneurysms which he suffered after a fall at home.

His wife, Lady Wilnelia, 59, recently admitted his recovery has been difficult.

She said: "The operation took his energy because of his age, there's no question about it. Some days are better than others. On the not-so-good days, he tries to rest.

"We eat well - lots of vegetables, white meat and fish - and he's working really hard with the physio. He's in incredible shape mentally but he gets very tired. He doesn't want to do anything publicly until he's 100 per cent well. I respect that."

Wilnelia says her husband's love of TV has been keeping him entertained while he rests at home.

She explained: "Thank God he's a TV freak. During the summer he followed the Olympics. Now we have The Apprentice. He enjoys watching Question Time, we do puzzles and he loves the internet. I used to go to a Zumba class to keep fit; now I do it at home in front of him. The children come to stay all the time, so there's plenty of love around."