Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Bruce Forsyth still recovering after surgery last year

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Bruce Forsyth still recovering after surgery last year

Sir Bruce Forsyth won't return to work until he is 100 per cent well.

The 88-year-old TV presenter had to have surgery last year for two life-threatening aneurysms which he suffered after a fall at home and his wife, Lady Wilnelia, 59, admits recovery has been difficult.

She told YOU magazine: "The operation took his energy because of his age, there's no question about it. Some days are better than others. On the not-so-good days, he tries to rest.

"We eat well - lots of vegetables, white meat and fish - and he's working really hard with the physio. He's in incredible shape mentally but he gets very tired. He doesn't want to do anything publicly until he's 100 per cent well. I respect that."

Wilnelia says her husband's love of TV has been keeping him entertained while he rests at home.

She explained: "Thank God he's a TV freak. During the summer he followed the Olympics. Now we have The Apprentice. He enjoys watching Question Time, we do puzzles and he loves the internet. I used to go to a Zumba class to keep fit; now I do it at home in front of him. The children come to stay all the time, so there's plenty of love around."

And although Wilnelia doesn't want to think of a life without her husband, she says he has told her that she is strong and will survive without him.

She said: "I don't think about it too much. I hope I'll be prepared somehow, but it doesn't feel real. He's the man I fell in love with because his brain is there. He has a bit of a problem moving, but we still laugh and talk. I pray, I believe. The main thing is that he's doing well. The pain is more emotional; sometimes we cry, but mostly we laugh."