Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Britain's Duchess of Cambridge goes into labour

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Britain's Duchess of Cambridge goes into labour

Britain's Duchess of Cambridge has gone into labour.

The 33-year-old royal was admitted to the Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital in West London earlier this morning (02.05.15).

A post on Kensington Palace's official Twitter account confirmed the news. It read: "HRH The Duchess of Cambridge was admitted at 06.00hrs to St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London and is in the early stages of labour.

"The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge."

The new baby will be fourth in line to the throne behind grandfather Prince Charles, father Prince William and 21-month-old brother Prince George.

Meanwhile, it has been said that the Duke and Duchess do not know the gender of the baby yet but Prince Charles is keen on having a granddaughter.

He said previously: "I'm happy I'm going to be a grandfather again. I'm looking forward to it - but I hope it will be a girl this time."

Following the birth of the little boy or girl, there is to be an increase in security as per standard procedure.

Ken Wharfe, a former head of security for Kensington Palace, said: "Currently, William and Kate have a protection team, I would imagine, of somewhere in the region of about six and eight between them, with the resources calling upon additional security should they need it.

"In amongst that team, you have an additional two people that will be solely responsible for the protection of George.

"[When the new baby arrives,] that security will be increased again by probably another one.

"Not that George goes out on public duties, but there has to be extra security for obvious reasons. Because they will go out with nannies."