Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Bret Hart winning cancer battle

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Bret Hart winning cancer battle

Bret 'The Hitman' Hart has reportedly won his battle with prostate cancer.

The 58-year-old retired wrestler revealed last month that he had been diagnosed and was set to undergo surgery but his good friend, fellow wrestler Jim Ross, claims that he is now cancer free.

Speaking on 'The Gunz Show', on Idobi Radio, he said: "They removed the cancer by removing his prostate. His cancer is a non-issue now, thank god."

"All issues are resolved and addressed ... so that's the good news about Bret Hart."

Just last month Bret, who suffered a stroke in 2002, vowed to "wage a fearsome fight against cancer" and beat the disease, with the help of his family.

Posting a sweet picture with his grandchildren, he said: "I make a solemn vow to all of those that once believed in me, the dead and the living, that I will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already. Love is my weapon and I've got much of it around me all the time, for which I'm truly blessed and eternally grateful. My children, grandchildren, and my loving wife Steph have been and will constantly be at my side. I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying.

"Most important of all, I hope can take the fight to prostate cancer. To be a leader in awareness and to set the example for men everywhere who find themselves in my very same shoes, that prostate cancer can be beaten."