Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Anthony Kiedis vows to make changes

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Anthony Kiedis vows to make changes

Anthony Kiedis is planning to re-evaluate his lifestyle choices in the wake of his recent hospitalisation.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman is "feeling good" after a bout of intestinal flu caused the group to have to cancel their KROQ Weenie Roast headlining slot at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre in Irvine, California and their planned performance for iHeartRadio earlier this month, but he admitted the health scare has forced him to take a good look at himself and what he needs to change.

He said: "I feel good, not great, but good.

"I think I had to get sick to take a look at myself and get to the causes and conditions of my overall health...

"I push pretty hard sometimes and I do take my health for granted on a certain level because I feel strong and capable. I surf most days and I like to charge, but every now and then, the body is like 'you're doing something wrong, either fix it or we're gonna let you know about it', and I think that my body let me know that I had to change my ways a little bit".

The 53-year-old rocker admitted he was upset about having to cancel the shows as he'd rather perform while "deathly ill" than not at all.

In his first interview since he was hospitalised, he told ET Canada: "It was a painful and sad thing to have to cancel shows, we don't really do that. I'd rather play deathly ill than not at all but in this particular instance I was starting to go down to the ground.

"I got some help and now I've got to figure things out."

The 'Under the Bridge' singer explained he had "inflammation in the guts", which combined with a virus and scar tissue from previous hernia operations, sparked a more serious situation.

He said: "That becomes an incredibly painful situation where you get a fever and pass out."