Amy Schumer hospitalised with food poisoning on romantic Paris break
Amy Schumer has been hospitalised with food poisoning during a vacation in Paris, France.
The 35-year-old actress and comedian was on holiday with her boyfriend Ben Hanisch in the romantic location when they were both struck down with food poisoning.
Amy has been keeping her fans updated on her social media pages, and revealed on Monday (12Sep16) that the situation was so bad she'd been taken to hospital in the French capital.
Alongside a collage of pictures showing her on a hospital gurney, Amy wrote: "No red flags with this girl."
She then shared a video in which she jokingly pitched herself for a dating website, telling the camera: "My name is Amy. I'm 35. I love grabbing life by its horns and experiencing everything and I love music and food.
"I really just want someone to share all of that with. So, I'm taking a chance."
Despite the illness, Amy tried to remain upbeat. She had earlier shared snaps of her and Ben sprawled across a bed together, both looking poorly, and wrote alongside the pictures: "Thanks for everything Paris! Except the food poisoning. #nooooooooooo #balmain #nyfw."
The caption suggests Amy had been intending to jet to New York for Fashion Week before the sickness hit.
The Inside Amy Schumer star's romance with beau Ben appears to be going from strength to strength, regardless of the illness.
The pair started dating in January (16) and made their red carpet debut as a couple at the GQ Men of the Year awards in London, England, last week (ends11Sep16).
During an interview with Marie Claire magazine, Amy admitted this is the first time she feels she is in a proper relationship.
"I feel like Ben is the first guy who's really been my boyfriend," she said. "There are guys who, if they heard me say that, would want to punch me in the face, but yeah, it's the truth."
- Cover Media