Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Amber Heard wants join statement with Johnny Depp

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Amber Heard wants join statement with Johnny Depp

Amber Heard wants Johnny Depp to issue a statement confirming he was violent towards her.

The former couple are said to be close to agreeing an $8 million settlement ahead of their upcoming divorce and domestic violence case, but the sticking point is said to be the 'Magic Mike XXL' star's request for them to issue a joint statement about their explosive row on May 21.

However, according to TMZ, lawyers representing the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' actor - who has denied throwing his iPhone at is estranged wife's face - told Amber's team the 53-year-old star will "never" sign a document in which he admits to domestic violence because he never committed it.

The 30-year-old actress is said to have demanded a "phenomenal" amount of money in her divorce settlement, but eventually agreed on around $8 million, including lawyers fees.

If the couple don't agree a settlement, legally Amber would only be entitled to half the earnings left after tax and living expenses, and the former couple are said to have spent a lot of money during their 15-month marriage.

Meanwhile, it has been claimed Johnny cut off his fingertip in a fit of rage in March 2015 after the couple had a huge argument at a villa in Australia.

TMZ obtained a picture of the gruesome injury, which has been submitted as an exhibit in her case against him.

It has been claimed that during the row, Johnny "smashed several bottles and windows and also slammed a plastic phone against the wall unit". Amber alleges that one of the items cut his finger.

She also reportedly claimed that Johnny then dipped his injured finger in a pot of paint and used it to write words including "Billy Bob" and "Easy Amber" on the wall after accusing her of sleeping with Billy Bob Thornton, which she denied.

She also claimed that he waited for almost 24 hours to get treatment.

It was previously reported that Johnny needed surgery on his hand after punching a wall during an argument with Amber.

The actor flew back to the US from Australia in March 2015 after sustaining the injury while in the country to film 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales'.