Amanda Peterson died from drug overdose
Amanda Peterson died from an accidental drug overdose.
The 43-year-old actress - who is best known for her role as Cindy Mancini in the 1987 comedy film 'Can't Buy Me Love' opposite Patrick Dempsey - passed away at her home in Colorado in July and the coroner's report has now revealed the cause as a "toxic drug cocktail".
TMZ reports the Weld County Coroner in Colorado, discovered she had a number of "prescription drugs in her system, including benzodizepines (anti-anxiety meds), opiates and phenothiazines (an anti-psychotic medication)".
She also had six times the recommended amount of the prescription drug Gabapentin in her system
The report stated that she was "naive to opiates" and also had recently taken marijuana and morphine medication.
Amanda's father previously told TMZ her family became worried when they didn't hear from her for two days.
He added: "She had some illness and a sleep apnea problem that may have contributed."
He added that she had other illnesses "including pneumonia and sinusitis [a common condition in which the lining of the sinuses becomes inflamed]".
Romantic comedy 'Can't Buy Me Love' tells the story of nerdy high-school student Ronald Miller, who pays a cheerleader (Amanda) to pretend to be his girlfriend for a month.
The film was directed by Steve Rash and named after the Beatles song.
Amanda's last movie was the 1994 fantasy/family film 'Windrunner' and she quit acting the same year before moving to Colorado.