Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Aaron Carter sued for 50k

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Aaron Carter sued for 50k

Aaron Carter is being sued for $50,000 by his website designer.

John Cantu claims he created and maintained a website for Aaron to market and sell his music but when he asked for payment, Aaron told him he was an unpaid intern.

TMZ reports that John is demanding $50,000 and changed Aaron's website to feature just a message instructing fans to "follow a genius", with a link to his own Twitter handle.

'Fool's Gold' singer Aaron has reportedly demanded that John give him back control of his website but the designer will only do so if he gets paid.

The 28-year-old star has not directly addressed the reports but tweeted: "There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed. I rest my case (sic)."

Aaron previously claimed that he made more than $200 million before he even turned 18, but he filed for bankruptcy in 2013,

Earlier this year, he said: "I'm not broke. I mean, I don't make all the money in the world right now, but I'm doing the best that I can. I do a lot of shows and I write a lot of music. I'm rebuilding my life.

"Over the last 10 years, my story's been really difficult. No one has any idea what happened to me."

Speaking about his Backstreet Boys singer brother Nick Carter, he said: "No disrespect to my brother, but when Nick was 18 years old and I was 10 years old, I was just kind of starting to make lots of money.

"I made over $200 million in my career before I even turned 18 years old."