Want flirty curls?
If you want to put a flirtatious bounce back into your curls, make like a Matthew Williamson model and channel 1970s glamour.
The ladies sashaying down the catwalk for the British designer at his London fashion show last month sported enviably voluminous manes. This look was created by Mark Hampton, the Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe Global Hair Ambassador. His vision was the effortless glamour embodied by screen siren Brigitte Bardot’s cascading curls.
Locks were blow dried into glossy waves, to create a sexy, understated, but polished look.
We’ve spoken to Mark to get the lowdown on recreating this stunning style and it wasn’t as complicated as we first feared. You’ll need a decent hairdryer, jumbo rollers or heated hair tongs and some hairspray to pull off this look.
1. Start by applying the Heat Protection Mist before blow drying with the Salon Professional AC Compact Dryer, with 2100W of power and one of the smallest concentrator nozzles on the market at 5mm.
2. Spritz the hair with the Glamour 3D Volume Memoriser.
3. Curl the hair in large sections using the Glamour Jumbo Tong and brush through with your fingers or a comb for a softer, bouncier look. Alternatively, use the NEW Extreme Volume Rollers from the Salon Professional collection to create glamorous waves.
4. Section the hair and clip in the large rollers, leaving for 15-20 minutes until cool.
5. Release and finish with the Glamour Firm Hold Hairspray for a lasting look.
Locks must be in good condition before you attempt this look, remember each undone curl should be full of bounce, volume and shine. Think Kate Middleton or George Clooney’s new wife Amal when recreating the classic glamour of this trend. If you have a glitzy evening bash to attend in the next few months, it is the perfect chic style to complement your LBD.