Conor McGregor confirmed to fight Nate Diaz again at UFC 202
Conor McGregor will fight Nate Diaz in a welterweight bout at UFC 202 in Las Vegas on August 20.
The much-anticipated rematch was confirmed last night during the promotion's UFC 199 event in California.
The fight had been due to headline UFC 200 next month but McGregor's refusal to attend a press conference saw him scrubbed from the card.
The fight will take place at 170lbs, the same weight as the first fight which ended with McGregor suffering his first defeat in the UFC. He still retains the featherweight belt.
Some had speculated whether the rematch would happen at 155lbs but Notorious was adamant he wanted the fight at the same weight when he spoke to ESPN last week.
"What kind of fighter would I be if I said, 'Hey, I didn't get you at 170, let me try to get you at 155,'" McGregor said. "I'll make my adjustments. I ate up to the weight. This time, I won't do that."
With the fight over two months away, both men will have lots of time to prepare this time compared to the first bout, which was hastily arranged after McGregor's fight against Rafael do Anjos at 155lbs was cancelled due to an injury to the Brazilian.
Paddy Power have already priced up the bout and they have the Dubliner as a slight favourite, 4/5, with the American at evens to win again.