Video - Everton boss Roberto Martinez lashes out after Chelsea drama

Terry scored Chelsea's last-gasp leveller
Terry scored Chelsea's last-gasp leveller

Furious Everton manager Roberto Martinez lashed out at the match officials as his side were denied a famous win at Chelsea after a 98th minute off-side goal scored by John Terry.

After a thrilling game that finished 3-3 at Stamford Bridge, Martinez described the standard of officiating as "diabolical", in an outburst that is almost certain to see him hit with an FA disrepute charge.

Ramiro Funes Mori's late goal appeared to have earned the Toffees a first league win at Stamford Bridge in 21 years, but Terry flicked in on his 700th club appearance.

Terry's own goal and a Kevin Mirallas strike put Everton 2-0 up, but Chelsea scored twice in quick succession to restore parity through Cesc Fabregas and Diego Costa, but the real drama was played out in injury time, sparking this angry reaction from Martinez.

Predictably, Terry had a slightly different view of his strike, as he told Sky Sports:

Terry's late goal extended his lead as the most prolific goal scoring defender in the Premier League, with this strike preserving the unbeaten record of interim boss Guus Hiddink.

The drama at Chelsea was the highlight of another high scoring Premier League afternoon that saw Manchester City blast four unanswered goals past Crystal Palace.

Once again, Sergio Aguero (below) was the catalyst for City's win as he scored twice and set up another in his side's comfortable 4-0 rout.

Spurs also found their scoring boots as they saw off Sunderland 4-1 at White Hart Lane, with Christian Eriksen scoring twice as Tottenham bounced back from their mid-week defeat against Leicester.

Southampton made it two wins in four days as they beat West Bromwich Albion 3-0, with Republic of Ireland striker Shane Long a starter on a day when he was again linked with a move to Liverpool.

Bournemouth secured a big three points at the bottom of the table as they saw off relegation rivals Norwich 3-0, with Newcastle easing out of the bottom three with a 2-1 win against West Ham.

In the late game, Leicester returned to the top of the Barclays Premier League but may reflect on an opportunity missed after Riyad Mahrez's penalty was saved in a 1-1 draw at rock-bottom Aston Villa.

The Foxes took the lead in the 28th minute through Shinji Okazaki and had the chance to double the advantage from the spot five minutes later after Aly Cissokho handled Mahrez's shot in the box.

But Mahrez's tame attempt from 12 yards was kept out by Mark Bunn, and Villa went on to equalise with 15 minutes remaining via substitute Rudy Gestede's deflected strike.

It means Leicester are only a point clear of second-placed Manchester City and third-placed Arsenal, whose game in hand sees them play Stoke at the Britannia Stadium on Sunday.