Manchester United and England star 'rushed to hospital' while on holidays
The club have now confirmed that Chris Smalling was brought to hospital due to a fainting episode.
Manchester United have confirmed that Smalling was brought to hospital after fainting on Sunday.
The centre-half fainted as a result of suffering food poisoning during his holiday in Bali.
The club have confirmed that the England defender has now recovered from the bout of food poisoning.
Reports surfaced this morning that Chris Smalling was rushed to hospital on holiday in Bali after pictures appeared to show the Manchester United defender receiving medical treatment.
A man carrying a striking resemblance to the 26-year-old is pictured with a neck brace and a bandage around his head as he signs a United shirt.
Smalling is believed to have jetted off to the Indonesian island to relax after England’s disastrous Euro 2016 campaign in France this summer.
Unconfirmed reports had suggested that he has been stung by a jellyfish during surfing lessons.
The former Fulham defender was considered one of the better performers for United during a season which ended with the club eventually lifting the FA Cup at Wembley in May.