Video - Getting to know Man Utd wonderkid Anthony Martial
The football world gasped disbelief when Manchester United handed over a fee in excess of £36m to sign French teenager Anthony Martial on transfer deadline day and now we are about to get our first glimpse of the game's most expensive teenager.
Martial could be set to make his United debut in one of the highest profile games of the Premier League season, with Liverpool's visit to Old Trafford on Saturday evening certain to attract a huge worldwide television audience.
Yet there are not too many lovers of the game who could claim they they were an expert on the the life and career of this soccer starlet before United catapulted his name onto the front and back pages of the world's media last week.
Here are a few things you might not know about the French wonder kid:
* Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger claimed United had paid out €80m to sign Martial, but that figure was a little wide of the mark.
A series of add-ons in Martial's contract mean United will need to hand over that extravagant fee if their new signing is named as World Player of the Year and helps the club to win the Champions League. If he does all that, his fee will look like a bargain.
* Martial is married to his childhood sweetheart Samantha (below on her Instagram account) and the youthful couple are already expecting their second child.
* Manchester United are prolific when it comes to of investing heavily in teenage talent, with the Old Trafford club in the record books for signing the three most expensive teenagers in football history:
1. Anthony Martial (£36m)
2. Wayne Rooney (£30m)
3. Luke Shaw (£27m)
* Monaco made a huge profit on Martial when they sold him to Man Utd last week, as they paid just £3.5million to sign him from Ligue 1 rivals Lyon. Doesn't that look like a shrewd move now.
* Martial has only just made his breakthrough at senior international level, picking up his first two caps for France in international break of the last week (below).
* In case you have not seen Martial in action before, he is a video montage that displays his raw talents in vivid colour: